Bacon users like me should be happy that our beloved device is getting the Official Lineage OS weekly builds. Our Oneplus One which is already an old device will not die yet. Lineage OS 14.1 gives our bacon a sweet taste of Nougat. Lineage OS 14.1 is based on Android Nougat.
If you have been struggling to go from Android Marshmallow to Nougat then this guide is for you! This post is a step by step guide on how to install Official Lineage OS 14.1 on the Oneplus one.
How to Flash Official Lineage OS 14.1 on the Oneplus One
- Download the Lineage OS ROM for bacon from the LineageOS Download Site.
- Download OpenGapps or Dynamic Gapps. [These are the google apps that you will need i.e. google play services, playstore, etc.] If you plan to use OpenGapps, get the (ARM) 7.1 Nano or Pico Version of the Gapps.
- Select the two zip files that you have downloaded and put them on your phone.
- After you have downloaded and put the ROM and Gapps on your phone, Reboot to Recovery.
You can do this by turning off your phone and then Pressing and holding the Volume down + Power button.
- You should be in the TWRP Recovery now. Tap on ” Wipe ” then ” Advanced Wipe ” and Select ” Dalvik/ART Cache, System, Data, Cache ” and then Swipe to Wipe.
- After wiping, go back to TWRP Home Screen and Tap on ” Install ” then select the ROM and then Tap on ” Add more Zips ” and then select the Gapps. After that, you can Swipe to confirm Flash. [It requires several minutes to flash so please be patient.]
- You have now successfully flashed Lineage OS 14.1 on your oneplus one. A script succeeded message should appear on TWRP. Now you have to ” Wipe cache/dalvik ” and then reboot to system. It will probably take several minutes for the boot to succeed till then see the new Lineage OS boot animation. After you boot is successful, you will be greeted with a Lineage OS startup.
- After the Lineage OS starts up, just tap on Next and enter you information like Language, Google Login, etc.
Now that LineageOS has been installed on your Oneplus one, install your favorite apps and see how well Lineage OS performs. Let us know in the comments if you have any problems regarding this topic at all. We’ll be glad to help!