Google Launched the Pixel 3 XL with the huge notch and it must be bothering a lot of people. There’s no explanation for that huge notch on the Pixel 3 XL. For the Pixel 3 XL owners, there’s a few options for the notch that you may find weird.
How to Access Notch Settings on the Google Pixel 3 XL
- Go to Settings and Turn on Developer Settings.
- To turn on Developer Settings, tap on the build number in About Phone until you get toast message saying “You are now a developer” .
- After Developer Settings is enabled, tap on Developer options.
- Scroll down to “Display Cutout” option and tap it.
You will get about 5 options: Device Default, Hide, Corner Cutout, Double Cutout and Tall Cutout.
That’s how you can access the notch settings on the Google Pixel 3 XL. Lets checkout the weird notch styles put in by Google!
- Device Default: The default mode of the notch! The huge notch is displayed.
- Hide: This options hides the notch and the notch area completely. It shoves the status bar icons i.e. clock, notifications, WiFi, mobile network and battery below the notch. It makes no use of the side area of the notch unlike other phones with the top notch. This is how you hide the notch in the Google Pixel 3 XL.
- Corner Cutout: Here, the right corner of the notch area is cutout.
- Double Cutout: Bottom area of the screen is cutout with the top area too.
- Tall Cutout: Looks like the default mode.
That’s about it. Also, You can use Nacho Notch App to hide the notch but doesn’t waste the side area of the notch like the Hide option in “Display Cutout”. Let us know how you feel about the notch in the comments below.